Executive Director – Part Time
The Arts Council of Rockland is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the arts, culture and the role of artists in our community. We seek to foster appreciation and participation in the arts in the diverse socio-economic communities that reside in Rockland County by providing programs of interest to the community and our members, professional development to artists and educators, marketing resources for artists and arts organizations, access to grant opportunities, scholarships, and increased opportunities to network and collaborate.
Job Description: Executive Director – Part Time
Responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and, mission of the Arts Council of Rockland.
Key duties to include:
- Community outreach – enhance the ACOR image by being active and visible in the community. Work closely with other civic and private organizations. Serve as ACOR’s primary spokesperson in the Rockland County community
- Implement and oversee programs that carry out ACOR’s Mission
- Market ACOR through all appropriate mediums
- Drive fundraising activities in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain basic financial functions through QuickBooks
- Oversee daily functions and maintain office organization.
- Maintenance of Ongoing Programs such as Arts Calendar
- Maintenance of Membership Lists and Enrollment
- Manages the daily office duties such as handling clerical functions
- Min Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Relevant work experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with diverse community stakeholders
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals, establish priorities and organize resources
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and other computer skills
- Ability to effectively use a variety of social media platforms
- Enthusiasm about the Arts and willingness to broaden knowledge
Annual Salary: $20K plus bonuses
Electronic applications only. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and any additional supporting credentials by August 18, 2017 to:
Arts Council of Rockland
Subject: Executive Director Search